HALIFAX CAR INSURANCE
3 Minutes Could Save You Up To $1000! Enter Your Postal Code Above to Compare Quotes From The Best Providers.
Choosing The Right Car Insurance As a Resident of Halifax
If you live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and you need car insurance, look no further than My Choice Insurance. Here at My Choice, we understand what shopping for car insurance is like. And, we believe that nobody should have to overpay when it comes to their premiums. Getting insurance that’s right for you can feel like an ordeal, and our main mission is to help you see how much of a breeze it can genuinely be.
Why Do You Need Car Insurance?
In Canada, car insurance is legally required for you to operate a motor vehicle on public roadways. Not only do you need insurance on vehicles that you own, if you regularly drive a vehicle that belongs to someone else, but you also need to ensure you are listed on and covered by, their insurance plan.
There are many benefits to having car insurance:
1. Pay now and save later – While no one ever wants to get into a traffic accident, or suffer damage to their car (or self) in any way, accidents do happen. In fact, the Canadian Transportation Safety Board has indicated that there is an average of 160,000 car accidents each year in Canada. Almost 23% of car accidents occur because one vehicle hit another, and almost 9% are single vehicle accidents. In Canada, where our weather can be more challenging and can create unfavorable conditions, it is important to note that almost 6% of accidents are caused by acts of nature.
Car Insurance Trio Images iPhone
2. Save time – Accidents are never convenient. And it is worse when you or the operator of the other vehicle does not have insurance. With the presence of insurance, a reputable company such as My Choice can help you through the post-accident process. Our representatives are highly skilled in providing you a low-stress experience that will help you get your claim settled and paid quickly.
3. Peace of mind – Have you ever had the thought that it isn’t your driving that worries you, but the driving of others? Well, we’ve heard that phrase often from customers, and they are often right in sharing that concern. While you might have a perfect driving record and aced your driving test, that is not the case for all drivers on the road. With My Choice Insurance, you can rest assured that we will help protect you from those not as skilled on the road.
4. It’s the law – Aside from the ability to save time, pay now and save later, and have peace of mind, having car insurance in Canada is the law. At My Choice Insurance, it would be against our morals to suggest that you break the law. We encourage lawfulness in all of our customers and all those whom we meet. Car insurance will help protect you from fines and loss of driving privileges which come with a lack of car insurance, should you be pulled over for speeding, recklessness, or other, or in the event you are in an accident.
What Happens if I Drive Without Insurance in Halifax
If you are pulled over or caught driving without insurance in any province in Canada, you will be subject to a fine, as well as other penalties. While driving without insurance is not considered a criminal offense, it is an offense just the same, and your license, your driving privileges, and all motor vehicle registrations under your name may be suspended if you are convicted of driving a motor vehicle without a motor vehicle (car) liability insurance policy.
If you do have insurance, you are required by law to keep proof of insurance with you, in your motor vehicle. If you are pulled over and do not have your proof of insurance with you, you can submit a request for ticket cancellation, if the ticket was given to you by Halifax Regional Police or Halifax District RCMP and the ticket is issued for the Dartmouth or Halifax provincial courts. To do this, you will be subject to a $25 CAN processing fee, and you must submit your request prior to 4:30 PM on the date that is stated on your ticket.
How to Select the Car Insurance that is Right for You
When you receive your quotes, look at the following details:
Proposed deductible – This refers to the amount of money that you, the policyholder, will need to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in. While there are benefits to selecting a low deductible, this usually means a high premium payment will be required of you. A higher deductible is met with a lower premium. If you feel that you are in the position to handle a larger deductible, should an accident or need arise, then this might be a great solution for you. On the other hand, if you find it difficult to save or to come up with a large dollar amount in a short period of time, and you can afford the higher premium, you may appreciate the peace of mind knowing that you will not need to fork out significant dollars in the event of an accident.
Liability or comprehensive coverage – Liability insurance is the portion of your policy that pays for damages that you have caused to others if you are found to be at fault in an accident. This covers a wide range of damages, such as bodily injury and property damage. Comprehensive insurance pays for damages that occur to your car that are not collision-related, which includes theft, vandalism, fire, and natural disasters.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers the cost of damage to your car up to its current estimated value.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage handles your losses if you are hit by a driver with no insurance, or not enough insurance to cover the cost of the damages to your vehicle.
Personal injury protection – This coverage takes care of your medical expenses if you are injured. In some cases, this can even cover lost wages if you are out of work for a period of time due to sustained injuries.
What Kind of Car Insurance Do I Need?
Through our business model, you can Get a Quote from a wide variety of insurers, so that you can compare and contrast to align your insurance plan to your needs. And this can all be done with the touch of your fingertip from your mobile device, or a quick click from your personal computer.
Car insurance can include coverage for either or both of the following:
- Injury to yourself + damage to your car
- The cost of damages and injuries to others, if it is determined that you are at fault for the accident
When you receive the options from My Choice insurers, your cost will be dependent on the following pieces of critical information, that you will provide when requesting your quote:
- Your age
- Your driving record
- Where you live (post code)
- Your car, driving experience and history
Find Your Halifax Auto Insurance With Us Today
At My Choice, we understand the stress created by recent rate hikes and concerns of overpayment in the Canadian car insurance industry.
As such, we strive to provide a great price for our customers and to give you the power in deciding the best options for you, simply follow the steps through our quoter to see a range of insurance options available to you.