4.9
4.9/5
50+ Ratings on Google!

Brockville Home Insurance

3 minutes can save you hundreds. Enter your postal code below and join thousands of Canadians saving on home insurance.

Secure. No Spam. No Fees.

Why You Can Trust MyChoice

MyChoice serves as an independent intermediary between you, financial institutions and licensed professionals without any additional charge to our users. In the interest of transparency, we disclose that we partner with some of the providers we write about – we also list many financial services without any financial gain. MyChoice does not operate a financial institution or brokerage and to ensure accuracy, our content is reviewed by licensed professionals. Our unique position means that we hold no recurring stake in your policy, ensuring our mission to help Canadians make better financial decisions is free of bias or discrimination. 

How to Compare Home Insurance Quotes with MyChoice

Comparing home insurance quotes with MyChoice is as simple as it gets:

Share Your Home Insurance Needs

Tell us what you want out of your home insurance.

Shop for the Best Deals​

Compare home insurance quotes from the best Canadian insurers.

Secure Your Rates​

Pick the best deal and lock your rates on our site.​

Recent Quotes From Our Users

Monthly PremiumsDate & TimeQuote TypeAgeGenderPostal Code
$106.58May 21, 2024, 07:11 AMAuto69FemaleL2R6P9
$46.95May 21, 2024, 10:07 AMHome44FemaleL6Y0E8
$24.71May 21, 2024, 12:42 AMTenant25FemaleK8N3P9

How MyChoice Works

0

Canadians

have compared rates and saved money over the last 24 hours
Leah D
Leah D
July 19, 2023
I was able to get a tenant insurance quote and a car insurance quote for my Jeep on the same day, in the same place, super fast and convenient, less than 10 mins! Would use again and would absolutely recommend
Imaan Pirani
Imaan Pirani
July 13, 2023
Got a great quote for my Camry and to my surprise was able to purchase online... They passed all my information to the companies website automatically and it made the process a breeze!” Highly recommend
David Ifejika
David Ifejika
July 13, 2023
I was shopping around for car insurance and a friend suggested that I try MyChoice to help find the least expensive insurance for my partner and I. It was very reliable, straightforward and user friendly. It made finding new car insurance easy!”
Ty Warner
Ty Warner
July 12, 2023
I was able to bundle my home and auto insurance with My Choice. Getting a quote for both was pretty quick, once I had done my auto portion I had the option to easily check my home insurance too so that was ideal!
John Doyle
John Doyle
July 7, 2023
Recently closed on a place in Markham and was able to get a great home insurance quote in minutes with MyChoice. Purchased online through square one right on closing day!
Tim Borgstädt
Tim Borgstädt
July 4, 2023
I don’t always shop around when it comes to my insurance but I’m glad I did this time, My Choice had a good range of options and I was able to chat to a broker once I found a quote that I liked!
Hao Sheng
Hao Sheng
June 30, 2023
I got a great quote from mychoice. Would definitely recommend everyone to start a quote. I got a much cheaper rate from CAA than my TD
Leo Brasil
Leo Brasil
June 19, 2023
Great experience getting an online quote, quick and easy. All things considered, it looks like I'm going to save around $80 a month on my car insurance!
Mark Whiteley
Mark Whiteley
June 19, 2023
I was shopping around for home/auto insurance because my rates seemed to skyrocket on renewal. MyChoice allowed me to easily search for the most competitive rate, and next thing I know I'm saving $400 a year. Strongly recommend it!
Secure. No Spam. No Fees.
Article Contents
Picture of By <span>Matthew Roberts</span>
By Matthew Roberts

Updated on May 22, 2024

Visit author page
Picture of By <span>Matthew Roberts</span>
By Matthew Roberts

Updated May 22, 2024

Visit author page

4 minute read

Article Contents

Home insurance protects you by footing any repair bills, legal costs, or other expenses caused by weather incidents and other perils. This means you don’t need to shell out large amounts of money to fix any damage done to your home and property.

As a homeowner in Brockville, you want the best insurance policy that suits your protection needs. However, there are many coverage options and insurance companies to choose from, so making the right decision can be hard. Here, learn everything you need to know about home insurance in the city, from what risks Brockville homeowners should prepare for to tips for lowering your insurance rates.

What Risks Affect Brockville Homeowners?

Different areas in Canada have different hazards that homeowners have to be vigilant for. Here are common risks faced by homeowners in Brockville:

Crime

Despite an 8.1% decrease from the previous year, Brockville still has a 97.7 CSI on Canada’s 2021 Crime Index, meaning serious crime is relatively prevalent in the city. You need home insurance to protect your home and belongings from theft, vandalism, and other criminal acts. 

Sewer backups

Sewer backups happen when sewage goes back up through the pipes and floods your home through your plumbing. They’re dangerous and costly to repair, but you can buy optional sewer backup coverage as part of your home insurance policy.

Fire

Fire is a very common cause of damaged or destroyed homes in many cities. It can happen due to faulty electrical systems, cooking accidents, and even stray cigarettes. Fortunately, most home insurance policies come with fire coverage.

How Much Does Home Insurance in Brockville Usually Cost?

Home insurance costs in Brockville is around $1,016 annually. Home insurance rates may differ from insurer to insurer. Additionally, various factors impact your premiums, like your home’s condition, location, and proximity to emergency services.

Larger homes generally get higher home insurance rates because they’re usually costlier to repair and maintain. Premiums on older homes are typically more expensive because they’re often more vulnerable to damage due to fire, wind, and other causes.

Postal Codes With the Most Expensive Home Insurance in Brockville

K6T and K6V are some of the most expensive postal codes in Brockville for home insurance.

Postal CodeAverage Annual
Home Insurance Premium
K6T$1,191
K6V$1,157

Postal Codes With the Least Expensive Home Insurance in Brockville

If you live in the K0E postal code area in Brockville, you will be enjoying some of the cheapest homes insurance rates in the area.

Postal CodeAverage Annual
Home Insurance Premium
K0E$932

Housing Data in Brockville

Here’s a quick overview of Brockville’s housing landscape from the 2021 Census of Population:

Type of Occupied Dwelling

Most homes in Brockville are single-detached houses, taking a 47.5% share of the city’s total homes. Apartments in buildings under five storeys are the second-most popular dwelling type in the city at 27.7%. 

Owner vs Renter Stats/Condo vs Non-Condo Owners

The 25% sample data presented in the census results showed a nearly 50-50 split between owners and renters in Brockville. 57.1% of Brockville residents own their homes, while the remaining 42.9% are renters. Non-condos take the lion’s share of Brockville homes at 89.2%, with condos taking the remaining 10.8%.

Private Dwellings by Period of Construction: New or Older Homes?

From the 25% sample data presented in the census, dwellings in Brockville are relatively old, with 71.6% of them built in 1980 or earlier. Meanwhile, homes built after 2000 only took a 10% share of the city’s total dwellings.

Major Repairs or Just Maintenance Needed?

Out of the 25% of dwellings sampled, most of them are in good condition. 92.2% of Brockville homes only need regular maintenance and minor repairs, while the remaining 7.8% require major repairs.

Homeownership Rate by Age in Brockville

Below are the homeownership rates in Brockville, categorized by different age groups.

Age GroupHomeownership Rate
15 to 2416.9%
25 to 3934.4%
40 to 5455.4%
55 to 7464.9%
75 and over67.3%

Brockville Population Growth

Brockville’s population growth is one of the lowest in Ontario, just above 2.5% in five years.

What Is Not Included in a Typical Home Insurance Policy?

Even if you’ve opted for a highly comprehensive home insurance policy, there are some risks that insurers explicitly don’t include as a covered peril. These are called “exclusions” by home insurers.

Here are the most common home insurance exclusions:

Criminal activities

If your home was damaged due to criminal activity, it won’t be covered by your insurance policy.

Damage from tenants

Generally, home insurance companies require specific coverage for homeowners/landlords who plan to rent out their properties. A standard home insurance policy won’t include coverage if you rent your home out and the tenant causes damage.

Earthquakes

Most policies exclude this risk, but you can cover earthquake losses and damage as an add-on to a standard policy.

Failure to maintain your home

Damage or losses caused by poor home upkeep (e.g., clogged storm drains, broken bannisters) won’t be covered, as your insurer deems it your responsibility to manage wear and tear.

Flood damage

Flooding is typically not covered by a standard policy, but it may be included as an add-on.

Home business activities

Home businesses will need separate home-based business insurance to cover home or equipment damage.

Insect damage

Because this is considered a preventable risk, most insurers don’t cover insect damage.

Mortgage or property taxes

These are separate expenses handled by policy owners as they’re unrelated to your home insurance policy.

Mould

Mould caused by poor home maintenance is typically excluded by home insurance policies. Note that this is separate from mould caused by an insured peril, which will be covered by your policy.

Vacant dwelling risks

Many insurers may void your insurance if you leave your home vacant for a prolonged period.

This is by no means an exclusive list of risks typically excluded from a home insurance policy in Brockville. Talk to your home insurance provider to see what’s covered by your policy in case of loss or damage.

Why Do I Need Home Insurance in Brockville?

Home insurance isn’t needed in Brockville because it’s not required by law. However, getting home insurance is still recommended because it provides peace of mind, knowing that your insurer will compensate you for damage done to your home and its contents. Here are some reasons why getting home insurance in Brockville is a good idea:

Liability protection

Despite your best efforts, accidents can happen anytime. When accidents happen, it’s not just your property at risk but other people’s well-being. Fortunately, home insurance has you covered with its liability protection. It can pay for legal fees, medical expenses, and other costs incurred due to injuries or property damage.

Home and belongings protection

One of the primary purposes of home insurance is to protect your home and belongings. A home insurance policy compensates for damage caused by listed perils to your home and its contents.

Mortgage requirements

Your mortgage lender may require you to get a home insurance policy. Lenders do so because they still have a stake in your home, so they want it to be insured to protect their investments.

How You Can Get Cheap Home Insurance in Brockville

Visit our Ontario page to learn about effective tactics of how to save money on home insurance.

Sources

1. Mychoice.ca Internal Data, Home Insurance Quotes Collected, 2024.

2. Mychoice.ca Internal Data, Most Expensive Postal Codes, Ontario, Brockville, Home Insurance Quotes Collected, 2024.

3. Mychoice.ca Internal Data, Least Expensive Postal Codes, Ontario, Brockville, Home Insurance Quotes Collected, 2024.

4. Statistics Canada, 2021, Census of Population, Ontario, Brockville, Housing Statistics. Data Published March 29, 2023.

5. Statistics Canada, 2021, Census of Population, Ontario, Brockville, Homeownership Rate by Age. Data Published December 16, 2022.

6. Statistics Canada, 2001-2021, Census of Population Statistics, Ontario, Brockville, Population Statistics. Data Published December 16, 2022.

Congratulations! You made it to the end!

Now, here is the easy part: complete your quote in under 2 minutes
Secure. No Spam. No Fees.

Discover More About

Learn about the intricacies of sump pumps, their operational mechanisms, and how installing them can affect your home insurance.
Ever wondered if your furnace is covered by your home insurance policy? Read our article to learn the intricacies of furnace maintenance in Canada.
Learn about the nuances of renters’ insurance with roommates and whether roommates can share one renters’ insurance policy.

Even More Ways To Save